ACT Inspector of the Integrity Commission
- assesses and reports on the Commission's compliance with the Integrity Commission Act 2018 (the Act) under which it operates, including via an annual operational review report
- receives, investigates and assesses complaints about the Commission and its staff.
- makes recommendations to the Commission or public bodies about practices or procedures in relation to the Act.
From 1 October 2019, when the Commission is operating, any person can make a complaint to the Inspector about:
- the Commission’s operations
- action by Commission staff (something you think they should not have done)
- inaction by Commission staff (something you think they should have done).
When emailing us, we recommend you use our ACT Inspector Complaint Form as this will streamline processing of your complaints.
If not, please include:
- your name
- your address
- your telephone contact number
- your email address
- a detailed description of the issue.
Note - If you wish to make an anonymous complainant, you are not required to provide identifying details, such as your name or address.
Once we receive your complaint, we will:
- consider the circumstances of your complaint
- consider whether a referral to another entity is appropriate (such as a law enforcement agency or prosecutorial body)
- advise you in writing, within two weeks, of our decision whether or not to investigate, or to refer it to another entity.
If we decide to investigate, unless you advise us not to or we are prevented from doing so under the Act, we will also provide you with:
- progress updates at least every three months
- an outcome and reasons for a decision to discontinue or finalise an investigation.
If you disagree with our final decision after it is made, you can ask us to review it.
A request of review should be made in writing within three months of being told of our decision. You must explain how or why you believe we have reached the wrong decision. You should also provide any new relevant information that is available.
We will only review a matter once.